Friday, May 11, 2012

My Stats!


One of the great things about the Beachbody site is that I can go on there and keep track of my measurements.

I must say, I wasn't feeling too great about my progress these past few days. It's like I have hit a wall I am very slowly trying to climb over, and occasionally I get slapped off of it. But looking back at my progress even since February, I must say I am impressed.



   
 
Sometimes it really pays to record your measurements and watch what is happening when you make an effort to be healthier. And I'm not talking watching your weight. Weighing yourself can drive you nuts, especially if you do it every day! (Seriously, don't do it every day). The scale might say you have gained if you are retaining water; ladies you know what I am talking about. How about the first week or so after you start a new work out program? The scale is not going to be your friend. And when you have reached the point that you are really building muscle, you might not see the scale move for a while.

But how about breaking out that tape measure? Or even the body fat tester. I personally stick with the tape. I haven't jumped on the scale in a couple of weeks, but I do break out the tape and measure the target areas of my body. You might not know it, but I am actually about the same weight right now that I was on March 25! I've lost inches, but not pounds.

Honestly, I don't care about the pounds so much anymore. I focus more on how my clothes fit. I spoke of that the other day. I am now smaller than I was before I got married. I think ignoring the scale can be a great thing when you are making your best efforts.

So to sum it up: Don't let the scale rule your life! You can be making great progress and the scale will beat you down. It has done that to me before. I felt amazing, was on an exercise high, and brought the scale out to find that the number had either not changed or gone up.

I encourage you to go to Team Beachbody and register. Put me as your coach! (If you send me an inbox message I will tell you my Coach ID number to list me). It is a great resource for keeping track of your numbers and also has many great features.

And Happy Birthday Beachbody!! 13 years old today!

No comments:

Post a Comment