Friday, August 10, 2012

Confession Time!

Well the first thing I need to do is tell some wonderful news. You probably already know this news if you know me. I am 12 weeks pregnant with our second baby! Yay for R&R babies!

So my idea during this pregnancy was to stay fit. I received the all-clear from my doctor to continue Insanity as long as I was able to do so. And for the first six weeks, it was pretty easy. I wanted to be one of those pregnant women who could say "I was active my entire pregnancy." or at least her legs and arms still looked toned! I worked so hard to get here, and while I am not in denial and know that I am going to gain about 25 pounds (if not more) while pregnant, I wanted to do it the healthy way. The doctor told me that I had to give up my Shakeology (boo!) but hey, at least I could work out and hopefully eat decently.

Well after six weeks, I started getting dizzy if I did the quick bending down motions of Insanity. So I switched to P90X--still intense, but not as much and nothing like suicide drills. Then morning sickness began to rear its ugly head. At first it was just in the day time. By evening I could eat dinner, so I at least tried to continue with my weight routines from P90X. The fatigue that occurs with the first trimester was slowly starting to hit me as well, and that did not help me to keep up like I wanted to.

Finally, two weeks ago, my nausea started lasting all day long. No sea bands, ginger gum, or lemonade could make it subside enough to eat a decent meal. My morning sickness would ebb at 9PM, meaning that is when I would finally be able to eat. Other than that, there was just no fuel in my tank to get started in a workout at any point in the day.

So here I am, twelve weeks pregnant, and my workouts have temporarily stopped. I say temporarily because once this period of extreme morning sickness finally leaves me, I am going to start exercising again. I can't get back into P90X and Insanity is definitely not going to happen for the next 28 weeks, but I do want to doing a workout routine again soon. The muscle tone in my arms and legs has greatly diminished the past couple of weeks. I have lost more weight, but only because the morning sickness has been so terrible that I have lost weight unwillingly due to my inability to eat anymore. (Not a great way to ever lose weight!)

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like a failure at the moment. I had become so healthy, lost so much weight, and had become involved in a great routine and a wonderful program. I know that when you are pregnant, your body doesn't always cooperate with your desires. But I am so disappointed that I couldn't live up to my own expectations on this round.



So wish me luck. Hopefully the morning sickness has only gotten temporarily worse and will subside in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to at least start Tai Cheng and walking to start getting back in to a routine. If anything else, I know that once I have this baby, I am capable of getting back in shape. I have done it once before, and I can do it again. I won't let myself reach the point I had before, where I was overweight and in desperate need of a lifestyle change, so at least I can be thankful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment