Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What's Your Excuse?

This is going to be a short post, but mostly just to give you some food for thought! I am pretty sure I have said some of this before. There are so many reasons to become healthier and improve your quality of life. But why wouldn't you?

I have a whole list of reasons I could decide not to work out right now:
  • Pregnant
  • Deployed Husband
  • Two science classes
  • Toddler
  • Tired
  • Have housework
  • Still feel sick some days
I'm sure if I sat here longer, I'd have more excuses as to why I could skip working out. For a while I did take a break. But now I am back on the wagon! Most days I park as far away from my class building as possible. I have started minor weights again. On sunny days, I am going to start taking my daughter to the park in her jogging stroller and walking a few miles each day.

Instead of focusing on the excuses to not exercise, I choose to focus on the reasons that I should! 
  • Prevent certain ailments later in life, like heart disease
  • Stay at a healthy weight, even during pregnancy
  • Boost endorphins. As the chick on "Legally Blonde" said, "endorphins make you happy! And happy people don't kill people!" 
  • Keep metabolism going strong
  • Have a healthier pregnancy, and hopefully a quicker recovery after delivery
So really, what is your excuse to not work out? Instead of choosing your excuse for the day, chose to be healthy in spite of your reasoning! If you can say " I had a busy, tiring day, but I still found time to workout and do something for me!" then the feeling of accomplishment will be almost as uplifting as the exercise itself was!

So go ahead, get out of your chair and go pick a workout. Remember to send me a message if you need a suggestion for a program to start. 


No comments:

Post a Comment